This week marks the end of another successful educational year at Garden County Schools.
- Achievement test data reveals
significant growth in math!
- Three seniors have enlisted in
our armed forces: we wish them the best!
- $267,000. were awarded to the
graduating seniors in scholarships!
- Several of the sports’ teams had
great seasons (state play-offs in GCHS football; an improved volleyball
win record; eight wrestlers qualified for state competition; school
records were broken at GCJH & GCHS in track; nine qualifying GCHS
track team members).
- The music program has shown
increased participation and excellence at competitions.
- Two presentations were given at
the state tech conference by teachers and administration in Omaha
showcasing our district’s cutting edge technology and student based
business: Tech & Torch!
- A GCJH student received honors at
the state science fair competition!
- GCJH was represented at the state
spelling bee in Omaha.
- A GCE student won the state
aeronautics’ art competition.
- The majority of GCE students
participated in the Fuel up to Play and Jump Rope for Heart activities,
increasing their own fitness levels!
- Nutrition education and fresh
fruit/vegetable snacks increase student knowledge of nutrition at GCE.
- Plants are growing in the newly
constructed greenhouse at GCHS!
- The second year of FFA proved
highly successful with many students qualifying for state competition.
- The business builder program, in
its second year, helped students get out into the community’s workforce to
learn on the job!
- Several interactive white boards
were updated, along with additional iPads being purchased to upgrade
technology in the district.
- A recent outdoor education day at
GCJH was an enjoyable and educational experience for all!
- The Hampstead Players performed
for GCE and Creek Valley Elementary.
- A recycled tire grant was awarded
to make our GCE playground safer with crumb rubber material under the
Undoubtedly, there are more things to celebrate from this past
school year…if you have things you would like to share, send an email and we
will include them! Thank you to our progressive school board, supportive
community, and dedicated parents: you helped make these great things happen!
-Dr. Paula Sissel,